N.B. This blog is also available in Finnish and you’ll find it here
I do like my morning oats, actually I love them, but sometimes I like to jazz it up a little. Granola cups are easy to make, delicious, filled with fiber that keeps you going and super versatile. Fill them with your favorite yogurt (or go crazy and use pudding!) and top with fruits or berries. Add some spices or nuts and the next batch is a whole new thing! You can’t go wrong with these 😋.
Ingredients for 6 big cups:
1 small mashed banana (ripe) OR 1/2 dl apple sauce (unsweetened)
1/4 -1/2 dl honey or agave syrup (vegans: use agave)
1/2-1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3 dl rolled oats (use gluten free if needed)
(Optional: 1/2 dl of your favorite nuts chopped in tiny pieces)
2-3 dl yogurt of your choice (I prefer natural Greek yogurt as the cups are already sweet)
berries, fruits (slice or cut them in cubes), nuts, nut butter, etc. on top of each cup
• Preheat the oven to 175C.
• Grease a muffin tin or use silicone ones, and set aside.
• Mix together mashed banana/ applesauce, honey and vanilla extract in a bowl.
• In a separate bowl, stir together rolled oats, cinnamon, salt and chopped nuts if using them.
• Combine the bowls, stirring until evenly mixed.
• Divide oat mixture evenly into the muffin cups, pressing up the sides. Use a piece of parchment paper (to prevent sticking) or your hands.
• (Put the muffin tray in the fridge, if baking these later).
• Bake granola cups 12-15 minutes depending of your oven or until edges are a bit browned, take out and press the sides into the muffin tins again with a spoon. To prevent crumbling, let sit at least 20 minutes or completely cooled before attempting to remove from the tins.
• Fill each cup with your favorite yogurt and top them with berries or fruits and other toppings like nuts and nut butters.
Store left over cups in sealed container in the fridge. These granola cups can also be frozen and thawed, if desired.