World’s best gluten-free seed bread
The life-changing loaf of bread, that’s how this recipe was originally named. And believe me, that is exactly what this bread is; nutty, moist, delicious, gluten-free, easy to cut, perfect to toast and it also freezes well. You can also make this bread nut free if needed, just replace all the nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
And a small tip for you: if you are going to bake for Christmas for your relatives and friends, this is the perfect homemade gift for them 😉 .
Ingredients (Makes 1 loaf):
2.5 dl / 135g sunflower seeds
1 dl / 90g flax seeds
1 dl / 65g almonds or hazelnuts
3.5 dl / 145g rolled oats (use gluten-free if needed)
2 tbsp. chia seeds
4 tbsp. psyllium seed husks (3 Tbsp. if using psyllium husk powder)
1 tsp. fine grain sea salt
1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup (For vegan diets use maple syrup, and for sugar-free diets, use a pinch of stevia)
3 tbsp. melted coconut oil or butter
3.5 dl water
• Combine all dry ingredients, stirring well.
• Whisk maple syrup, oil and water together in a measuring cup. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick (if the dough is too thick to stir, add one or two teaspoons of water until the dough is manageable).
• Pour the dough in a silicon loaf pan and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
• Let sit out on the counter for at least 2 hours, or all day or overnight in a fridge. To ensure the dough is ready, it should retain its shape even when you pull the sides of the loaf pan away from it.
• Preheat oven to 175°C.
• Place loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 30 minutes.
• Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 35-45 minutes. Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped.
• Let cool for a while before slicing.
Store bread in a tightly sealed container for up to five days. Freezes well too – slice before freezing for a quick and easy toast!
The original recipe can be found here: