Sweet Potato Waffles
Waffle party, anyone? These mouth-watering sweet potato waffles will make your mornings a lot more delicious, are a perfect source of energy before your workout and a nutritious evening snack. With waffle iron you can make more crispy waffle, but if you like softer ones, you should use silicone molds. Though you can make crispier ones also with silicone molds: Pop out the waffles from moulds, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for five to ten minutes more in the oven to get crispy waffles 😉 .
This recipe serves 4, but I highly recommend you bake a bigger batch, because these really are so delicious. You can freeze these treats also for a quick breakfast option. Just pop them in the toaster right before serving!
Ingredients for four waffles:
250g cooked, mashed sweet potato (either self-made or store-bought)
1 dl whole grain spelt flour/ oat flour/ gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 dl (plant based) milk of your choice
1 tsp herbal salt
black pepper to taste
Add more spices if desired, for example, different herbs and chili will work perfectly
(some oil for frying if you use waffle iron)
• Preheat the oven to 220C or prepare your waffle iron.
• If you do the sweet potato pure yourself: put the water to boil in the kettle. Peel and cube the sweet potato. Add the cubes in boiling water and cook until soft (about 10 minutes). Mash with hand blender.
• Mix baking powder with flour and mix them with mashed sweet potato.
• Add milk, eggs and spices into the mixture.
• Pour the batter into the silicone moulds, as though you were filling an ice tray. The side you see should be equally full of batter without holes.
• Bake in the oven 15-20 minutes or until just golden brown at the edges. Pop out the waffles from moulds, and if you want, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for five to eight minutes more to get crispy waffles. Alternatively, grease waffle maker and cook 4 waffles.
Serve the waffles warm with toppings of choice or wrap them up tightly and freeze them for a quick breakfast option. Just pop them in the toaster right before serving!
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here ?
You might also like theseblogs