Super simple vegan pesto
If you are looking for THE BEST vegan pesto, look no more, because this is the only vegan pesto recipe you’ll ever need! The recipe will take you no more than 5 minutes to make: Just throw all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. That’s it!
A few words about that nutritional yeast used in this recipe: It’s actually really nutritious and good for your hair, nails and skin. Nutritional yeast also has positive effects for your digestion and immune system, and it contains immune-boosting, antibacterial and antiviral compounds. And when you combine it with all the other ingredients in this recipe, you’ll get a real superfood pesto sauce!
Ingredients for one small jar:
5 dl tightly packed fresh basil
1 1/4 dl pine nuts
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 1/4 dl extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (I used this one from Puhdas+, *product gifted)
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor or blender jar. Pulse to combine, until the mixture is coarsely ground.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil in a thin stream.
- Add the sea salt, black pepper, lemon juice and nutritional yeast, and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Taste and add salt or/and black pepper if needed.
- Serve warm or cold with pasta, bruschetta, sandwich or crackers, in pizza, mix into salad dressings or dips. The ways to use it are endless!
This pesto will keep well in the fridge, in a tightly sealed container for a few days. If you want, top the pesto with a layer of olive oil to decrease browning.
PS. This vegan pesto freezes perfectly, so feel free to double or triple the batch if you want to meal prep. Freeze in an ice cube tray (you can thaw and use a small amount whenever you want) for up to 3 months.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Vegan Caramel Sauce:
Super simple tofu scramble:
Vegan chocolate pudding: