Super simple tofu scramble
Have you ever tried to scramble? If not, you should correct the mistake immediately as it’s a real (vegan) breakfast of champions! It can be enjoyed as a quick meal with your favorite side dishes or served with toast and fruits for a complete breakfast. Try out this amazing recipe that also allows for leftovers to be reheated quickly the next morning!
A few words about salt before we get started. Any type of salt is okay, but I prefer to use black salt a.k.a. Kala Namak salt because it tastes like real eggs. It really does and the taste is really strong, so add only a little bit of it! This fancy salt is not actually black in color at all, so don’t be fooled, but it does the magic and the end result will fool and charm non-vegans too!
INGREDIENTS (2 portions):
~220g firm tofu, natural
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp black salt (Kala Namak) OR normal salt
~1/2 dl soy milk
Optional for some extra taste:
1/4 tsp onion Powder
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp red bell pepper powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
Chopped chives, parsley or coriander
• Chop the tofu and use a fork to crumble it into bite-sized pieces.
• Mix the nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt and additional seasonings in a small bowl. Add soy milk and whisk it in.
• Add oil to a frying pan and when it’s hot, add tofu and fry it until lightly browned, being careful not to break it up too much.
• Add season mixture and fold it in. Fry it until you’ve achieved desired consistency.
• Top with some chopped fresh herbs and serve over some toasted bread and with your favorite side dishes.
Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 days.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Chickpea Omelette a.k.a Vegan Omelette:
Soft & Chewy Vegan Caramels:
No Bake Tropical Energy Bites: