Super easy chickpea flatbread
We bake quite often flatbread as it’s easy and fast to whip up even with a little impatient helper, who MIGHT be already hungry and tired. Usually we just mix up some leftover pureed vegetables, egg, spices and some flour (whatever we happen to have at home), but this time I wanted to make vegan version. No any special reason, just to figure out, if I can success with it!
So, the flour I chose was chickpea flour (a.k.a garbanzo flour) and just because I knew that it’ll firm up like eggs in traditional flatbread. And it worked perfectly and tasted for the whole family! This one’s also naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and higher in nutrients like protein, fiber, and antioxidants, thanks to the chickpea base.
Ingredients for 12 pieces:
5 dl chickpea flour
5 dl water
2-4 garlic cloves, minced
½ – 1 dl fresh parsley or any other herbs, cut into small (you can always change the seasoning!)
1 tsp salt
Optional: If you like cheesy flavor, add 3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
• Preheat oven to 200°C.
• Whisk together water and chickpea flour in a bowl until well combined.
• Stir in garlic, parsley and salt (+nutritional yeast).
• Pour the batter on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (mine is 26 cm X 38 cm) and spread out evenly. The batter is really wet/ runny, but it’ll firm up in the oven. Trust me!
• Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bread is firm and nicely golden colored.
• Let cool and cut into squares.
• Enjoy with your favorite toppings. The next day, I think it tastes best toasted.
Store in a fridge in a sealed container up to one week.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Oven-baked pan flatbread:
No bake apple pie energy bars:
World’s best gluten-free seed bread: