Sugar-Free Lemon Berry Pie
It’s refreshing, not too sweet or heavy, gluten and dairy free and absolutely delicious. It has creamy and smooth filling, sweet berries on top of it and it’s simply to die for. And what am I talking about? Well, of course about this Sugar-Free Lemon Berry Pie!
Ingredients for the pie crust:
180 ml Coconut flour
80 ml butter OR coconut oil, melted
1-2 tbsp honey or coconut sugar or if you want sugar free, use powdered sweetener like erythritol
¼ tsp salt
Ingredients for the lemon curd:
juice of about 5 small lemons
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
120 ml coconut oil, melted
60 ml sugar free powdered sweetener like erythritol (again: you can use for example coconut sugar, if the result doesn’t have to be sugar free)
berries of your choice on top of the pie
• Preheat oven to 180 C degrees.
• Grease a 24-cm pie pan and set aside. The easiest way is to use a removable bottom round pie pan, but normal ones will work as well.
• In a medium sized bowl mix coconut oil or butter, eggs, honey and salt together.
• Then add coconut flour and stir until dough holds together.
• Gather the dough into a ball, then pat into pie pan. Simply spread the dough in the pan using your hands.
• Prick the dough with a fork.
• Bake pie crust in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown.
• Let cool completely.
• Whisk the lemon juice, sweetener, eggs and egg yolks together in a sauce pan.
• Bring to medium heat and add the coconut oil, stirring continuously, to avoid the eggs to cook and scramble.
• When the coconut oil is completely melted, increase the heat to medium-high, keep stirring until it thickens up.
• When it’s thick enough, remove from heat and transfer into a separate bowl to cool down at room temperature for 15 minutes.
• When both the pie crust and lemon curd are cooled down, fill in the pie crust with the lemon curd.
• Refrigerate the lemon pie for at least 2 hours to firm up.
• Before serving, add the berries of your choice on top of the pie. Serve on its own or with vanilla ice cream or sauce.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here ?