Roasted sweet potatoes
Fall is coming, are you ready? You probably won’t be surprised to hear that sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables and this coconut oil roasted version has become our family favorite. The end result will be cubes that are crispy on the outside and irresistible soft in the middle. These roasted sweet potatoes are delicious all by themselves, perfect side dish for almost everything and a nice extra in your salad or poke bowl.
Just a few words before we get into the recipe. When picking sweet potatoes at the grocery store, look for firm potatoes without spots or any other discolorations on their skins. Always avoid soft or wet potatoes. I’m using coconut oil in this recipe as it deepens nicely the natural sweetness of roasted sweet potatoes, but you can of course use whatever oil you prefer. I just can’t promise, that the end result will be as delicious and mouth-watering as with coconut oil 😉 .
Ingredients (4 servings):
3-4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (I used this one from Puhdas+, product gifted)
1/2-1 tsp salt
spices according to your taste: ground black pepper, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin, dried herbs, garlic powder, nutritional yeast… We had this time black pepper and paprika powder
- Preheat oven to 225 C°.
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Put the cubes into a large baking dish (the more space cubes have, the better they roast) and drizzle them with the coconut oil. Start tossing the cubes with the oil until all of them are well coated.
- Place the dish in the oven (middle rack) and roast for around ten minutes. Then pull the dish out and add spices of your choice. Toss the potatoes with the spices carefully.
- Put the dish back in the oven and continue roasting for 15-20 more minutes or until all the cubes are tender and nicely browned.
- Taste the saltiness and add more if needed. Let the cubes sit in the baking dish for a little while before serving warm.
These sweet potato cubes can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for a few days and used either cold or warm. Reheat in the oven or pan, not in the microwave if don’t want them to get soggy.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Sweet Potato Toast:
Oven-baked avocado fries:
Super simple vegan pesto: