Rainy Day Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake
Are there any other cinnamon roll fans out there? Couple nights ago, I got hit by an obsession to get a fresh cinnamon roll, but because there was no time for baking, I decided to make a mug cake. If you aren’t familiar with the concept, a mug cake is quite perfect quick fix when you need just a couple of bites of something sweet right now. I mean RIGHT NOW! Cinnamon Roll mug cake is like a short cut cinnamon roll with no kneading, no rising, no waiting and no rolling required. How good does that sound?
Watch out mug cake lovers, this might just become your new go-to!
Ingredients for one serving:
1/2 dl oat flour or gluten-free flour mix
1/3 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk or some other milk + 1-2 tablespoons more, if needed
1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar, maple syrup, for sugar free version use erythritol
(add ½ tbsp oat fiber if you’re making sugar free version)
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 egg whites
½ tbsp coconut oil or other mild tasting oil
1 tsp coconut sugar or erythritol
1/3 -1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix together flour, baking powder, milk of your choice, egg whites, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and oil. Add 1-2 tablespoons more of milk, if needed: batter should be smooth but not dry.
- In a different bowl, mix together coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour half of the batter in an oversized microwave-safe mug and sprinkle over the top of the batter half of the cinnamon mixture. Add rest of the batter in a mug sprinkle rest of the cinnamon mixture on top of everything. Use the tip of a knife to swirl cinnamon mixture into the top of the batter.
- Microwave on high for about 1. 45 – 2 minutes keeping an eye on the cake. If cake is not done, heat an additional 15 seconds.
- Take out of the microwave and if desired transfer muffin to a plate. Enjoy!
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Two Minute Chocolate Mug Cake:
Quick and easy mug bread:
Vanilla Blueberry Bowl Cake: