Oven-baked pan flatbread
Do you have some leftover cooked carrots or creamy vegetable soup from dinner, and don’t know what to do with them? Or any other pureed vegetables? I’m that kind of person who hates to waste the food, and I always try to use all the leftover foods by making something new of them. For this pan flatbread you can actually use any kind of cooked veggies you happen to have, and it becomes just as delicious every time. Just puree (with a hand mixer or a fork) them with a little bit of water before adding into mixture!
Ingredients for one pan-sized flatbread:
3 dl water
3 dl pureed carrots or any other vegetables (or leftover smooth vegetable soup)
3 dl porridge flakes (oats or barley are my favorites, but all other varieties are just as good)
5 dl flour (oats, barley, bread flour, really everything goes by, use gluten-free flour if necessary)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tbsp honey or any other sweetener
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp oil or butter, melted
You can also add a few tablespoons of some seeds into dough, if you want. Also, sprinkle some porridge flakes or seeds on top of the bread before baking, if you feel so.
• Pre-heat the oven to 200 ° C.
• Mix the water and pureed vegetables.
• Mix baking powder with oat flakes and add the mixture into wet ingredients.
• Add honey, salt and oil and mix well. (If you are using seeds, add them now.)
• Add flour gradually by mixing with a wooden spoon.
• Pour the dough onto baking tray with a baking sheet. Tap the dough with hand or spread with a large spoon evenly to make it into a one big bread. Add the porridge flakes or seeds on top of the dough if you like.
• Bake the bread in the oven for about 15 minutes.
• Cool slightly, cut into serving size pieces, and serve with your favorite toppings.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here ?
You might also like theseblogs
Gluten Free Banana Bread:
A Little Bit Healthier Carrot Cake: