Oven baked omelette
This tasty Oven baked omelette is both easy and inexpensive everyday food, and it is suitable for both mornings and evenings. Combined with a fresh salad, you get a nutritious and healthy meal with minimum effort and at least for us it has become a real family favorite. It’s also a perfect way to use all of those left overs of the previous days from your fridge as a hate wasting of food!
Ps. If you know that you have busy days coming, you should make a bigger batch at the same time! This oven baked omelette can be eaten either warm or cold and you’ll get easy lunch by making omelette sandwich of it.
Ingredients (4 servings):
1 dl of milk of your choice
1/2 tsp salt / herbal salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
150-200g Fillings can be exactly what you find in the closet, feel free to play around with the ingredients and pick all of your favorites: different kind of vegetables either in small cubes or grated, oven baked root vegetables, chickpeas, beans, smoked fish, cooked chicken or meat, cheese grated or crumbled, whatever comes to mind!
In this version I had:
about 70 g of zucchini cubed
1/4 onion cubed
a handful of cherry tomatoes sliced
approx. 1/2 dl of cheese in small cubes
1/2 tsp red bell pepper powder
Chili Herbamare herbal salt instead of salt
dash of cayenne pepper
• Pre-heat the oven to 200 C ° and line small baking dish (about 20 x 30cm) with baking paper.
• Chop or grate the fillings of your choice.
• Beat eggs, milk and spices well in a bowl with a fork.
• Pour the egg-milk mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle all the desired fillings on top of the mixture. Add cheese on top o everything if using it.
• Bake omelette in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until it is completely set.
Serve omelette with salad either warm or cold.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Chickpea omelette a.k.a vegan omelette:
Healthy egg muffin cups: