Oven-baked cottage cheese pancake
High in protein, low in carbohydrates, easy to prepare and a true family favorite both with savoury and sweet toppings. That’s how I would describe this oven-baked cottage cheese pancake. This isn’t anymore “the new thing”, but since it’ s just so insanely delicious, I wanted to share this recipe with you. So here you are!
Ps. Even if cottage cheese isn’t your biggest favorite, it’s worth of trying. The taste of the end result does not refer to cottage cheese at all, and you can pile all of your favorite toppings on top of the pancake.
400 g cottage cheese
2 tbsp mild tasting oil
3 ½ tbsp psyllium
1 ½ tsp baking powder
If you make a sweet pancake:
1 tsp vanilla extract
0-3 tbsp of sweetening according to your taste and preferences (e.g. erythritol for a sugar-free version, honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar. Additional sweetening may not be necessary if you intend to serve pancakes with extra sweet toppings)
If you make savoury pancake:
1 tsp salt (if the cottage cheese is already very salty, you may not need any extra salt at all)
a little bit of black pepper
other spices according to your taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200 ° C and line a baking dish (I had 26 x 38 cm) with baking paper. If you are going to make a whole oven tray, you should double the ingredients.
- Measure all ingredients in a blender jar and blend until smooth. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Pour the dough evenly into the baking dish.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the surface has a beautiful brown color.
- Serve with sweet or savoury toppings of your choice, warm or cold.
Store the leftovers in a sealed container in a fridge.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Oven-baked pan flatbread:
Oven baked omelette:
Oven Baked Quark Pancake: