Oven-baked avocado fries
Avocado fries aren’t anymore a new thing and maybe you are already tired of them, but for some reason I just haven’t tried them before. But now it was time for them and yes it really was worth of giving them a chance! I really like avocados nowadays (a decade ago or so I couldn’t say that I’d loved them…), but in this form the taste of avocado somehow got into a whole new level. The crispy outside combined with creamy softness on the inside, it really works!
In my opinion avocado fries really need a dip to go with, at least a good ketchup, so don’t forget it. By varying the spices and dips you can make different flavor combos every time if you want. Would this be also your next favorite weekend treat for those moments when your mind wants something salty and sinfully good, but you want to keep it healthy?
Ingredients for two:
3 small or 2 large avocados
1 big egg
2 dl of almond flour (you can also use breadcrumbs if the end result doesn’t have to be low-carb)
1 tsp of salt or herb salt (this time we had chili Herbamare, very good!)
2 tsp of spices according to your taste, try for example pepper, red bell pepper powder or chilli, different spice mixes work very well
• Pre-heat oven to 200 ° C.
• Place egg in a shallow bowl and beat gently with a fork.
• Combine almond flour and spices of your choice on a plate.
• Cut the avocados, remove stones and shells, and cut into 1 cm slices.
• Dip each slice first in egg, and then in the almond flour mixture.
• Place slices in a single layer on the baking paper covered sheet pan.
• Bake in oven 200 for 15-20 minutes or until the avocado fries are golden and crispy.
Serve warm with different kind of dips, ketchup or for example with hummus and guacamole.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
A quick breakfast option, which will keep you satisfied:
Healthier savory pie:
Super fast chocolate avocado mousse: