Nutty Baked Apples
It’s time to share again a true family favorite: Oven baked apples! And this time with a nutty crumble, so irresistible yummy. Serve with ice cream, whipped (coconut) cream or vanilla yogurt if you want to keep it healthier, you’re going to love this!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
2 medium/ large sized apples cut in half and cored
1/2 dl crushed nuts (cashews, pecan, pistachios, hazelnut, whatever you prefer)
1 dl (gluten-free) rolled oats or barley
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut sugar, for sugar-free version use erythritol
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
For serving: ice cream, whipped (coconut) cream, vanilla yogurt, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 175 C°.
- Core the apples (don’t peel) and using a sharp knife, score around the middle. Arrange the apples cut side up in a baking dish.
- Mix oats, crushed nuts, sweetener of your choice, cinnamon and coconut oil all together in a bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the centers of the apples evenly and place the dish in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the apples are tender. Baking time varies according to the size of the apples.
Serve warm with (plant-based) ice cream, whipped (coconut) cream, vanilla yogurt, etc.
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in a fridge.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Upside-down pear cake:
Upgraded Mom’s Berry Pie:
Flourless Chick Blondies: