No Bake Tropical Energy Bites
Fiber filled and delicious energy balls, that take care of your tummy, anyone? These No Bake Tropical Energy Balls are a healthy snack for those hectic days or when just want something sweet with your afternoon coffee but want to keep it healthy. These tropical flavored snacks are gluten free, family favorites, paleo and vegan friendly too!
Ingredients (makes 15-20 balls):
200g dried apricots
150-200g frozen mango cubes (of course you can also use fresh mango!)
1 dl barley or oat flakes (use gluten free if needed)
1 tbsp psyllium
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1/2- 1 dl unsweetened coconut flakes on top of the bites
2 tsp Coconut oil, melted (I like my energy balls soft, but if you like to have more firm balls, I suggest you add the oil)
• Place the cashews in a blender or food processor and process until crumbly and broken down.
• Add in salt, psyllium, chia seeds, dried apricots and mango cubes and process until well mixed and the mixture begins to form a sticky dough.
• Scrape the dough from the blender jar and put it in a bowl. Mix in barley or oat flakes with a big spoon. If the dough is too sticky to roll right away, just chill it for 15-30 minutes in the fridge.
• Use a tablespoon measure to scoop the ball and roll into bites sized balls.
• Roll in coconut flakes, if using, and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
• Chill at least for an hour and then place into a container to store in the fridge.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here ?
You might also like theseblogs
Blueberry Lemon Energy Bites:
Cacao Tahini Truffles:
No Bake Apple Pie Energy Bars: