No Bake Apple Pie Energy Bars
N.B. This blog is also available in Finnish and you’ll find it here
Fall means apples and apples mean apple pie. Or its healthier and easily transportable version Apple Pie Energy Bars! I made previously Banana Bread Energy Bars, you’ll find the recipe here, and because they were such a big hit, I decided to try autumnal version of them.
These bars are just as easy and quick to make as the other ones, and are also suitable for those who follow a paleo, vegan or gluten free diets, when ingredients are chosen right!
For 10-15 bars you’ll need:
4.7 dl oat flour (you can make them yourself by running oats on your blender until they become flour, and use gluten free/ more coconut flour if you prefer)
1.2dl coconut flour, sifted (you can also use almond flour)
1.2dl vanilla protein powder (vegan or paleo if you prefer)
2 tbsp of granulated sweetener of choice (optional, if your protein powder is sweetened, you don’t necessarily need this)
1-1,5 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp nutmeg
0.6dl almond butter (or any other nut butter you prefer)
1.2dl brown rice syrup (or maple syrup or agave syrup)
1.2dl unsweetened applesauce
1-8 tbsp of dairy free milk of your choice (Depending on the flour/protein powder combination, you may need more or less)
• Line a baking dish with baking sheet and set aside.
• In large mixing bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, granulated sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg and mixed spice, and mix well.
• In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the nut butter and liquid sweetener and heat until melted. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well. Add the unsweetened applesauce and mix until combined: the batter should be crumbly.
• Add the dairy free milk of your choice one spoonful at a time mixing well either with your hand or a big spoon until a thick, firm batter is formed.
• Transfer the dough into lined baking dish and press firmly.
• Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and slice into bars.
Store the them in an airtight container in the fridge.
The original recipe can be found here: