No-bake almond butter bites
Hands up all the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup lovers, this recipe is THE ONE you’ve been looking for! My husband said that these No-bake Almond Butter Bites are the best healthier creation I’ve ever made, and that’s saying a lot 😉 . The recipe doesn’t require any “special ingredients”, and it takes less than 30 minutes to make them.
170 g raw or roasted almonds
25g cocoa powder
pinch of sea salt
~200 g dates, pitted
250 g smooth or crunchy almond butter (you can always use some other nut or seed butter)
1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup or honey
pinch of sea salt
Top layer (ganache):
255 g vegan dark chocolate, raw chocolate or whatever chocolate that suits your diet, very finely chopped (I used protein chocolate from MyProtein this time)
100 ml light coconut milk
15 g coconut oil
• Prepare the bottom layer by adding nuts, cocoa powder, and sea salt to a food processor and blending into a meal. Remove from bowl and set aside.
• Add dates to the food processor and mix/pulse until small bits remain. If the dates look like a big ball, break it up with a spoon. Then add the nut-cocoa mixture back in and blend until well mixed.
• Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined baking dish and spread with fingers to evenly distribute. Try to make a solid, even layer.
• Mix together almond butter, sweetener and sea salt in a small bowl.
• Spread the almond butter mixture on top of the bottom layer, and again try to spread it evenly, uniform layer. Set in freezer to chill.
• Put finely chopped chocolate to a medium size mixing bowl. Add coconut milk and coconut oil to a separate mixing bowl and microwave until hot but not boiling (of course, you can use a saucepan on the stovetop too). Pour the coconut milk directly over the chocolate, stir to combine, and let the chocolate melt (takes couple of minutes).
• Whisk well to combine. The mixture should be entirely melted and smooth at this point. If not, reheat it a little bit and mix again until smooth.
• Remove baking dish from the freezer and pour the ganache on top. Spread with a spoon evenly. Then put it back to the freezer to set for 5-10 minutes, it has to be firm enough to slice. If you aren’t in a hurry, you can also put it in a fridge for 30-60 minutes.
• Slice into desired number of bites.
Enjoy immediately and store the rest covered in the fridge up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month.
The original recipe can be found here: