Lazy Baker Baked Oats
These are something that I’ve been eating for years varying flavors, fillings and toppings. Perfect for breakfast, snack and evening snack, but work also as a lunch if you add more toppings. Use whatever berries are your favorites, try different porridge flakes and add flavored protein powder to make it more filling and satisfying.
I think that baked oats are usually baked in small portions, but during these years I have skipped that and started baking the whole batter in one pan. Easier, more effortless and less dishes to wash: hence name Lazy Baker Baked Oats. But of course, you can use small silicone muffin cups too, you decide!
Ingredients for 6 portions:
140 g (gluten-free) plain porridge flakes (oat, barley, rye, 4 grains)
2 dl (200g) (plant-based) milk of your choice (if you use protein powder, add 1/2 dl milk)
2 egg whites
approx. 150 – 200g berries of your choice, I had blueberries this time
4tbsp sweetener of your choice, I used erythritol (If you don’t use protein powder, you might want to add 2 tbsp more)
2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops (60g) of protein powder, I used chocolate flavor
If you’re using chocolate flavor and want more intense flavor, add 2 tbsp of cacao powder
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- ½ dl seeds of your choice
- Pre-heat oven to 175 C°. Line pan with baking paper (mine is 20 x 32 cm) and set aside. You can also use silicone muffin cups.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour batter into pan lined with baking paper or silicone cups.
- Bake in the oven 20- 30 minutes but keep an eye on them so they don’t burn and get dry.
- Once cooled, cut in six pieces or pop out of the silicone cups. Top with nut/ seed butter, fruit cubes, berries, etc. and enjoy!
Store in sealed container in a fridge for up to five days.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Oven-baked pan flatbread:
Super easy chickpea flatbread:
Oven Baked Pizza Pancake: