Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes
Pancakes are always a great idea and absolutely even better, when you have healthy pancakes to indulge. Quite often I use almond flour while making pancakes, but this time I wanted to create lower carb pancakes recipe using coconut flour as there are so many people with nut allergies who can’t have almonds. And the end result was quite yummy, believe me!
And if blueberries aren’t your thing, just skip them as these pancakes are equally tasty even on their own!
3/4 dl plain Greek yogurt (fat free or regular)
1-2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup, use erythritol for lower carb version
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 heaped tbsp coconut oil — melted and cooled
¼ tsp teaspoon kosher salt
½ dl coconut flour
(1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/4 tsp baking soda for fluffy, American style pancakes)
Toppings of your choice for serving: fresh fruit, berries, whipped cream or whipped coconut cream, maple syrup, nut butter of choice…
• Warm a little bit yogurt and coconut oil in a microwave, to avoid the oil solidifying.
• Whisk together yogurt-oil mixture, honey, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl.
• Sprinkle salt and coconut flour over the top (+baking powder & baking soda if using them) and stir with a rubber spatula just until the flour disappears, and no large lumps remain. Let rest for 10-15 minutes (Don’t skip this phase as this allows the flour to absorb some of the liquid and will keep your pancakes from becoming dry).
• Preheat a non-stick skillet over low to medium-low heat. Once the skillet is hot, portion the pancakes by 1-2 tablespoons of batter each and add max 5 blueberries on top of every pancake. Don’t be tempted to make them larger or you’ll be in trouble while flipping.
• Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until pancakes start to look set on top. Flip carefully and bake the other side.
• Repeat with the remaining batter.
Enjoy warm with desired toppings.
Ps. Pancakes will taste delicious on the next day too, cold or re-warmed!
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Oven baked quark pancake: