Fudgy Raspberry Date Brownie
Looking for a healthy brownie recipe? These ooey, gooey, melty, luxuriously chocolatey healthy Raspberry date Brownies are just as rich in flavour and mouthwatering as traditional brownies, yet they’re gluten-free and refined sugar-free. And no need for any baking bowls as you just blend all the ingredients together!
You can always skip the protein powder if you don’t want to use it or don’t have it on hand, just replace it with almond meal!
Ingredients for small pan (mine is 21 x 24 cm):
15 big Medjool dates (if you use the smaller and drier ones, add a few more and soak before use)
½ dl almond meal
½ dl (raw) cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
2-3 tbsp coconut oil (or any other oil or melted butter)
1 tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
½ -1 dl protein powder (chocolate flavours work best, but others work as well)
125g raspberries on top of the brownie (you can use other berries / banana slices as well, if you don’t like raspberries)
• Pre-heat the oven to 175 ° C.
• Put dates, eggs and oil into a blender or food processor and let it run until smooth.
• Add all remaining ingredients (except raspberries) and start blender again. Let it run for a while scraping down the sides of the jar if needed.
• Spread batter into baking sheet prepared pan, smoothing with the back of a spoon and add the raspberries on top of the batter. Press the raspberries a bit deeper into the batter.
• Bake brownies in the middle of the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, keeping eye on them all the time as overbaking them happens really fast! I prefer mine with more mud cake like texture than sponge cake, so take it out from the oven when it’s “almost ready”.
• Allow brownies to cool well before cutting them into the serving sized pieces.
• Serve for example with ice cream or whipped (coconut) cream and some extra berries and store leftovers in a sealed container in a fridge.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here ?
You might also like theseblogs
Sugar-Free Lemon Berry Pie:
Mud cake with a healthy twist:
Red Currant Muffins: