Espresso tahini bliss balls
If you’re a fan of tahini and coffee like I am, you are going to LOVE these super simple tahini bliss balls for sure. These delicious homemade energy balls are made literally in 10 minutes and with only 9 ingredients. And no need of food processor, just mix, roll and enjoy!
You can always replace tahini with some other seed butter, for example sunflower seed butter works perfectly. And of course, all nut butters are also great option, if they just fit into your diet. If you prefer more protein, just add some protein powder of your choice!
3 1/2 dl (gluten-free) oats
1/2 dl unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 1/2 dl tahini
1/2- 3/4 dl maple syrup or agave syrup (or non-vegan option honey), for low-sugar version use erythritol + 3 tbsp milk of your choice
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp instant coffee or espresso powder
1 tbsp milk of choice
70g mini chocolate chips of your choice (dairy-free, gluten-free, low-carb, high-protein…)
2 tbsp psyllium
1/2 dl protein powder of your choice (Please note that if it is already sweetened, you can reduce the amount of syrup!)
• Mix instant coffee with milk and stir until coffee has dissolved and set aside.
• Combine rolled oats, cocoa powder and chia seeds (+protein powder/ psyllium if using) and set aside.
• Put tahini, syrup and vanilla extract in a small bowl and stir with spoon until well-combined. Add coffee mixture and stir.
• Add tahini mixture to your bowl of dry ingredients, stirring gently with big spoon until mixture comes together.
• Add chocolate chips and make sure that mixture is well-combined. If mixture seems dry, add another tablespoon or two of milk.
• Using a tablespoon, scoop dough and roll into balls in between your hands. You should get about 15-20 balls.
Store balls in airtight container in the fridge up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze them for a longer period of time!
If you make them, let me know how they turn out! Leave a comment below or take a picture of your Espresso tahini date energy balls and share it with me on Instagram; I love seeing my recipes in your kitchen!
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Strawberry bliss balls:
Cacao tahini truffles:
Blueberry lemon energy bites: