Crustless Low Carb Cheesecake
People usually think cheesecake is a no-no when sticking to a healthy eating plan, but with a few swaps this high-calorie dessert turns into a mouth-watering healthy treat. So, say hello to this ultimate smooth and luxuriously creamy crustless sugar free cheesecake, that happens to be gluten free too! This healthier cheesecake is delicious on its own, but you can always add some berries into batter pre-baking, like I did this time.
Here are some helpful tips for making this cheesecake: To prevent lumps, let your cream cheese come to room temperature before starting. Beat each block one at a time, until it’s smooth and creamy. Add each ingredient one at a time, beating after each addition. Your batter must be smooth before baking. Also, to prevent cracks, bake your cheesecake in a water bath, turn off oven, but don’t open oven door (Trust me and be patient!). Let the cheesecake stay in the oven for 1 hour.
700g cream cheese, softened (regular or light)
1 egg yolk
2 1/2 dl Greek yogurt (regular or light)
1 tsp lemon juice
4-5 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 -2 dl erythritol (you can always use whatever sweetener you prefer. Add a little at a time as other sweeteners might be a lot sweeter.)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
100g berries of your choice + more for decorating
• Preheat oven to 175 C° and prepare the spring form pan (I used 23 cm). Grease or line pan with baking paper and wrap the bottom of the pan with aluminium foil.
• Combine all ingredients (except berries if using those) in a bowl using electric hand mixer until you have no clumps and texture is smooth. Check the sweetness and add more if needed.
• Pour half of the batter into the pan, add optional berries and pour the rest of the batter. Even off the top with a back of the spoon.
• Place the spring form pan into a large roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with hot water, until half way up the sides of the spring form pan.
• Bake for 45 minutes and turn off oven, but don’t open oven door (Trust me and be patient, this is the key to not getting the cheesecake to crack!). Let the cheesecake stay in the oven for 1 hour.
• Remove cheesecake from the oven, remove aluminium foil and cover cheesecake with plastic wrap, but don’t remove the spring form pan. Refrigerate at least for 2-3 hours or preferably overnight.
• Remove the spring form pan and top with your favorite berries before serving if desired!
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here ?
You might also like these blogs
Sugar Free Lemon Berry Pie:
A little bit healthier carrot cake:
Two Ingredient Chocolate Cake: