Collagen Fudge Squares
Who wouldn’t love a delicious chocolate tasting piece of fudge? And especially then when you know that it’s full of good-for-you ingredients and makes you feel better!
I originally added collagen to my fudge recipe because of all the health benefits and the added protein. Quite often I add it into my smoothies and during past few years collagen has become easily one of my favorite health boosting products ever. It’s excellent for your skin, hair, nails, and joints, just to mention few of its benefits. As we age, collagen production begins to decrease, so do yourself a favor and buy some collagen.
And before you even ask, the answer is no. No, you can’t taste the collagen in this fudge. You’re going to love it! And to keep everything as simple as possible, all you have to do is mix the ingredients, let the fudge set in a fridge, cut it into pieces and enjoy.
1 1/2 dl coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 dl natural and smooth almond or cashew butter
3-4 tbsp maple syrup, agave syrup, date syrup or honey
1 – 1 1/4 dl cacao powder (depends on how intense flavor you like)
5 tbsp collagen powder, I used Puhdas+ Collagen Natural (*product gifted)
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional toppings/ mix-ins:
1/2 dl (raw) chocolate chips for really chocolaty version
1/2 dl dried fruits chopped in tiny cubes
1 – 2 tbsp some berry powder
1/2 dl shredded coconut for coconutty version
1 tsp cinnamon or gingerbread spice
- Line a small pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients together except collagen powder in a skillet and warm over low heat.
- Mix carefully with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are fully dissolved, but don’t cook. Add collagen powder. You should now have a thick smooth mixture.
- If desired, stir in one of the optional mix-ins.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and drizzle with one of the optional mix-ins.
- Place the pan in the fridge and let it set for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove the fudge from the pan and slice it into small squares and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Coconut manna fudge:
Simple Raw Fudge:
Nut Free Tahini Fudge: