I saw these cute cloud eggs so many times on Instagram that of course I had to try them. And I’m glad I did, because they are really easy to make, tasty and something a bit different and new compared to traditional omelets and eggs Benedict. Try them for your next brunch with friends and I’ll promise that you’ll wow all of your guests.
eggs (1/ person)
whatever seasoning you like to add in your eggs
Optional: grated parmesan, herbs (fresh or dried) for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 200C° and line a large baking pan with baking paper.
- Separate egg whites and yolks, placing egg whites in a large bowl and yolks in a small bowl. Make sure there are no little pieces of egg yolk in the whites or you will have difficulty getting the whites to beat properly. Using a hand mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. This will take couple of minutes.
- (Gently fold in parmesan, if using)
- Spoon mounds of egg whites onto prepared baking pan and indent centers to form nests. Bake until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully spoon an egg yolk into center of each nest and season with salt and pepper /other seasoning).
- Bake until yolks are just set, about 3 minutes more.
- Garnish with herbs before serving.
- Serve immediately.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
A quick breakfast option, which will keep you satisfied:
Healthy Egg Muffin Cups:
Oven baked omelette: