Blueberry Oat Muffins
These oat muffins are basically everything a blueberry muffin should be: healthy, delicious, easy and quick to make, kid approved, tender and jam packed with blueberries. They are full off good-for-you-stuff, so they won’t ruin your diet and still you can tame your sweet tooth. And if blueberries aren’t your thing, just replace them with your favorite berries!
Ingredients (makes 12-15 muffins):
2 large eggs
2 1/2 dl applesauce, unsweetened (all fruit purees will work as well)
3/4 dl honey or maple syrup (use erythritol for example for lower calorie muffins)
1/2 dl coconut oil or some other oil/ butter (melted)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
5 dl oat flour or spelt flour (use gluten free flour if needed)
3 1/2 dl blueberries (frozen will work as well)
• Preheat oven to 175 degrees C and line muffin pan with muffin liners or use silicone muffin pan.
• Add eggs, applesauce, honey, oil, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
• In a separate bowl, mix baking powder and baking soda with oat flour.
• Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients bowl and stir gently to mix. Do not over mix. Add blueberries and give a few stirs.
• Fill muffin pan with the batter. Bake for 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
• Remove from the oven and let muffins cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before taking them out.
Serve warm or fridge cold, I think I prefer cold ones 😛 .
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here ?
You might also like theseblogs
Red Currant Muffins: