Basic Vanilla Chia Pudding
I just realized that I haven’t shared a basic chia seed recipe with you! How’s that even possible after all these years… But now this mistake has been corrected!
I like to eat this Basic Vanilla Chia Pudding with nuts or nut butter and berries or some fruit puree, but you can always flavor it. Just try whatever you happen to have in your fridge, I’m sure it will taste great!
Ingredients for two servings:
3 1/2 dl unsweetened plant-based milk, I prefer almond milk
6 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp maple syrup or honey (use erythritol for lower calorie version)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Nuts, nut butter, berries, chopped fruit, coconut flakes for topping in the morning
Chocolate: 2 tbsp cocoa powder or your favorite chocolate protein powder (+ some mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs)
Pb: 1-2 tbsp peanut butter or powdered peanut butter
Pecan Pie: ½ tsp of ground cinnamon to the base recipe and an optional ½ tsp of almond extract. Mix 1 dl of chopped toasted pecans into the finished pudding.
Matcha: 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
Berry: use pureed or chopped blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
Basically, you can add whatever flavor you want, and even little spices van make a big difference. Try for example cinnamon, cardamom, chopped/ pureed fruits, flavored yogurts instead of milk, whatever pops in your mind!
• Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
• Stir well with a spoon, let sit for 1 minute and stir again to prevent lumps. (If you don’t like the texture of chia seeds you can always make “smooth pudding”: Combine all the ingredients in a blender, and blend until a uniform texture is achieved.)
• Divide in two (glass) containers with a tight seal lid.
• Then refrigerate overnight.
• When ready to eat, stir well and top with your favorite toppings.
This recipe will keep 4-5 days in the fridge, so it’s great for meal prep.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here ?
You might also like theseblogs
Two Ingredient Chocolate Pudding:
Raspberry pie for breakfast: