Almond Snack Bars
Is it too early to start making Christmassy stuff? For some reason I was craving after some Christmas tasting snacks the other day, so I decided to make these snack bars. Super-fast to make and you probably already have all the ingredients at home, so why not to try. These bars are a perfect match with your afternoon coffee and a handy source of energy before the workout!
You can always replace the gingerbread spice with cinnamon and use gluten-free ingredients if needed. Also, if you choose the chocolate (you can also omit it completely) right, these bars are vegan friendly too!
150 g + 50 g almonds
2 dl almond or coconut flour (if you want some extra protein, use vanilla protein powder)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp gingerbread spice or cinnamon
150 grams rolled oats or barley (use gluten-free if needed)
1 dl maple syrup, agave syrup or honey
30-45 g chocolate of your choice (I used coffee flavored raw chocolate from GOODIO this time, and it worked perfectly!)
• Prepare a small square pan by lining it with parchment paper.
• Measure out 50 grams of the almonds, chop, and set aside for the topping.
• In a blender or a food processor, pour in the remaining 150 grams of almonds and the salt. Process until you have almond butter looking base of dough.
• Add the oats, almond/ coconut flour, gingerbread spice, and sweetener, and process until smooth.
• Press the mixture into the pan using the back of a spoon. Top with the chopped almonds, pressing those into the mixture.
• OPTIONAL: Place the chocolate in a small bowl, and microwave until melted. Drizzle the chocolate over the bars.
• Allow to set in the fridge at least for 30 minutes before cutting.
• Cut in squares or bars.
Store the almond bars in an airtight container in the fridge.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here ?
You might also like theseblogs
No Bake Apple Pie Energy Bars:
Chocolaty Raw Energy Bars:
No Bake Banana Bread Energy Bars: