A quick breakfast option, which will keep you satisfied
This low-sugar and fiber-filled breakfast will kick off your day on a healthy high note.
Have you already tried baked eggs in an avocado as a part of your breakfast? Beyond the heart-healthy fatty acids and high protein count, this low-sugar and fiber-filled breakfast will kick off your day on a healthy high note. And if you’re always rushing in the morning, you’ll be glad to hear that this recipe requires just a few ingredients and nearly no prep time!
I used this time chopped red onion and only some herbal salt, but feel free to serve with whatever other toppings you have available. Some salsa or hot sauce would offer a nice spicy hit!
For four servings you’ll need:
4 fresh eggs
some spices and salt
(+ other toppings of your choice, like tomato, tuna, bacon, ham, shrimps).
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees C.
2. Cut the avocados in half and take out the pit. Scoop out some of the flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
3. Place the avocados in a baking dish and make sure they fit tightly.
4. Crack an egg into each avocado half and add the toppings and spices of your choice.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of eggs. They are ready when the egg whites are set.