5 -minute kale pesto
Craving for delicious green pesto, but don’t have basil? Try this easy kale pesto, which is ready in just 5 minutes! Kale is a real superfood and this pesto goes perfectly with pastas, sandwiches and salads or as a dip.
Ps. There is so much folate in this pesto, which means a night of great sleep and a smile on your face in the morning.
INGREDIENTS (makes 2 1/2 – 3dl):
5 – 6 dl packed kale (I had 200 g bag from which I removed hard stems)
2 – 3 cloves garlic
¾ – 1 dl (toasted) walnuts or pecans, for nut-free version use hemp seeds
juice of one small lemon
¾- 1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
½ dl olive oil, add more if desired
1 dl grated Parmesan cheese, for vegan version use nutritional yeast
Add some chili, if you want to add some kick
- Add the peeled garlic cloves, kale (remove stems), nuts/ hemp seeds, lemon juice, parmesan cheese/ nutritional yeast, salt and pepper (+chili if using) into a blender jar and let it run until minced.
- Drizzle the oil in and turn the machine on again. Process until the pesto reaches your desired consistency, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. Add more oil if it’s too thick.
- Taste and add more lemon, salt or pepper if necessary.
- Done! Fast and simple 🙂 .
- Serve with pasta or as a dip or a spread.
To store, put in a glass jar (cover the surface with a little more olive oil to avoid the darkening) and keep in the fridge for a week or freeze for up to a month.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here 😘
You might also like these blogs
Roasted sweet potatoes:
Vegan Caramel Sauce: