3-Ingredient chocolate sauce
Healthy chocolate sauce or spread, is it even possible? Yasss, and making it takes less than 15 minutes and you’ll need only a handful of ingredients! Dip fruit slices or berries on it, drizzle it over ice cream (or over healthy nice cream!), spread it on toast or rice cakes or add a dollop on top of your warm porridge bowl. This chocolate sauce/ spread is also a perfect healthy frosting for cupcakes and brownies.
Use this chocolate treat as a dip, sauce or spread (and no one knows if you eat straight from the jar with a spoon!), it tastes delicious both cold and warm. Use cocoa powder for a lighter version and chocolate of your choice for a more intense, luxury version, that will for sure melt your heart. This mouth-watering treat has no added sugar on it and it’s also vegan (of course you have to use vegan chocolate if choosing chocolate version) and gluten free.
150 g pitted dates (I always use Medjool-dates as they are super soft and moist, but the smaller ones will do the work also)
3 3/4 dl milk of your choice (I prefer plant-based almond, coconut or cashew milk, but use whatever goes well with your diet)
4 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder OR 50g unsweetened (vegan) dark chocolate
1/4-1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
These really aren’t necessary, but they’ll take the sauce on to next level!
• Put pitted dates and milk of your choice into a blender and blend together until smooth.
• Pour into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, continue to cook whilst stirring for 5-10 minutes, until thickened a little bit.
• Remove from the heat, stir in the cocoa powder or chocolate until melted and incorporated. (You can always strain the sauce through a mesh sieve after making it if you want it to be super smooth, but I never do that as the consistency is smooth enough for me thanks to my Vitamix blender.)
• Transfer to a glass jar and let cool for a while.
• Serve warm, refrigerate and eat cold, or re-warm on the next day. Store in a fridge covered with a lid for up to five days.
N.B. Do you have Instagram account? Click this and start following me there ❤️
If you prefer Facebook, you can find my page here ?
You might also like theseblogs
Fudge Raspberry Date Brownie:
Two Ingredient Chocolate Cake: