Fresh Mango Salsa
I bought a plentiful of mangoes from the Tuesday Market, and I had this recipe waiting for on my To try-list, so it was kind of hard to resist making mango salsa. Preparing it was effortless and quick, and at the request of our son, I served it with the chicken and rice. Simple, but ahhh, so yummy!
Try it and you’ll love it!
a small piece of ginger (approx. 2cm, add more if you are a friend of ginger)
small red onion
3 tbsp finely chopped coriander
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
the juice of half of lime
a pinch of cayenne pepper
• Peel the mango and cut it into small cubes.
• Peel the ginger and chop it into as small cubes as you can.
• Peel the red onion and chop it into small cubes.
• Mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
• Season the salsa with coriander, red wine vinegar, lime juice and a touch of cayenne pepper.
• Let the salsa marinate in the fridge for a few hours before use.
Serve it with some chicken or bean patties, and side salad and rice, for example 😛 .
The original salsa recipe can be found here: