Blueberry Lemon Energy Bites
N.B. This blog is also available in Finnish and you’ll find it here
Quick and easy, totally healthy and delicious, refreshing and creamy, nutritious and packed with protein. That’s exactly what these mouthwatering energy bites are! The sweetness from the dates and dried blueberries combined with creamy cashews is a match made in heaven and when you throw in a splash breezy lemon the perfect combination is ready ❤️.
Ingredients for 20 balls:
3 dl rolled oats (gluten free if necessary)
2 dl cashew nuts
1/2 dl ground flax seed
6 dried dates, pitted
2 tsp vanilla extract
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1-2 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
1 dl dried blueberries
• Put the rolled oats into a blender and blend on high to get an oat flour texture.
• Add the cashew nuts and blend again until texture is smooth.
• Add flax seeds, dates, honey, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice. Blend on high again (give some rest in between to your blender if it needs it!) until well combined and mixture starts to pull away from the sides of the jar.
• Move mixture to a bowl and stir in dried blueberries. Stir until well combined. You may need to use your hands as the dough can be pretty sticky!
• Using a heaping tablespoon, form the mixture into round balls.
• Chill for 15-30 minutes to set and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or freeze for up to 6 months.