Bean sweet potato patties
N.B. This blog is also available in Finnish and you’ll find it here
We had some leftover oven baked sweet potato and a lonely jar of white beans, so I decided to make some veggie patties. These patties are super handy when you want to sneak some beans and veggies into your family’s diet and so easy to prepare. Just mix everything, season with whatever you have in your hand and throw them into the oven. And if you’re planning to make burgers, try these patties instead of meat!
Ingredients for 8-10 patties:
2 dl cooked/baked sweet potato
3dl white beans, cooked and rinsed
2 tsp psyllium
1 tsp herbal salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
(if you like spicy food, add some chili, Sriracha sauce or tex-mex seasoning)
2-4 tbsp sesame seeds for coating
• Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
• Peel the sweet potato (you can also use sweet potato pure, if you have some left overs), and put it in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
• Mash and mix everything with a fork or use a hand mixer for smoother patties. I like a little bit rougher texture, but if you have suspicious or picky kids (or a spouse!), use hand mixer 😉 .
• Taste the batter and season more if needed. You can use whatever seasonings you fancy!
• Form the batter into patties to a nonstick baking sheet and sprinkle them with sesame seeds.
• Bake the patties in the oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on how thick ones you made.
Serve them with fresh salad or wild rice for example.