Almond flour bread
N.B. This blog is also available in Finnish and you’ll find it here
Hands up all the bread lovers! Many of you have asked if I have any bread recipe, that is gluten free, easy to make and does not fall apart or crumble as many homemade gluten free breads tend to do. And I sure have! This recipe also goes under the category ‘paleo’ if you substitute Greek yogurt with apple sauce or pumpkin puree, for example.
Enjoy it plain or toasted with your favorite toppings, this bread is perfect for both!
Ingredients (For one loaf):
1.2 dl coconut flour
3 dl almond flour
0.6 dl flaxseeds
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 dl Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
This recipe makes a smaller loaf of bread (my pan is smaller than 1 litre), so if your loaf pan is bigger, I suggest you to double the recipe.
• Pre-heat the oven to 175 C.
• Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
• Combine wet and dry ingredients. The batter will be quite thick, so don’t get scared 😉 .
• Pour the batter into a loaf pan and smooth the top with a spoon.
• Bake in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
• Let cool before slicing.