8 Simple Reasons To Drink More Water
Do you have headaches, constipation, or are you feeling tired? Does your skin look tired and dull, or do you have difficulties to lose weight? If you answered yes to any of the foregoing, solution to the problem may be found from the glass of water.
Human body is composed about 60% of water, which means that your body really needs water to function properly. And downing water isn’t the only way to stay hydrated and satisfied, water rich foods like cucumber and watermelon can also do the trick.
Here are few reasons why you might want to keep that water bottle with you, wherever you go:
1. Avoid headaches. Dehydration causes among the others headaches (migraines & back pains too!), so drinking water can prevent or relieve that nasty pain in your head. Next time you feel that coming pain, try drinking a glass of water and rest a little bit.
2. Boost your productivity. Since your brain is more or less water, drinking more of it helps you to think, concentrate, stay refreshed and alert. If you want to be more productive while working, remember to empty that glass of water on your desk several times a day.
3. Don’t be cranky. Dehydration can affect your mood and make you feel blue and confused, because your body is fighting against dehydration. Think clearer, feel great and be happier by drinking more water.
4. Lose weight. Forget other diet tricks! Drinking water can also help you to lose weight. Water simply helps you to eat less (by filling you up, if you drink it before meal), reduces hunger, boosts your metabolism, removes by-products of fat and has zero calories.
5. Fuel your muscles. Your muscle tissue 75% of water. Exercising and sweating at the gym makes muscles to lose water, and when the muscles don’t have enough water, they get tired and weak. So for extra energy in the gym, try drinking water to push through that final set of crunches.
6. Avoid muscle cramps, sprains and joint pain. Proper hydration can help you to keep your joints lubricated by keeping the cartilage soft and hydrated. It also keeps muscles more elastic so the cramps and sprains doesn’t happen so easily.
7. Flush out the toxins. Your digestive system needs water to function properly. If you don’t drink water enough, your body is not able to flush out (in the form of urine and sweat) waste and bacteria, and it collects in your body causing myriad of problems. Water also boosts your immune system!
8. Let your skin glow. Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and I’m sure you want it to look fresh and wrinkle free. By drinking water thru the day can improve the color and texture of your skin (by building new cells properly), moisturizes it, makes it glow and flushes out the toxins, which means minimizing the risk of pimples.
Addition to the above, water is completely calorie-free and in most cases easily available. And if you get bored with the taste of it, just add a squeeze of lemon or lime or some mint leaves on your bottle. Flavor options are endless!
Start your morning with a large glass of water and repeat the same about half an hour before each meal. If you drink caffeine-containing beverages (not to mention alcohol!), it increases the need of water. Also carry a bottle of water with you where ever you go as a reminder to keep drinking!